Walk from village to village in sight of the sea
Amazing & simple food
Quietness on the Aeolian Islands
2019 Sicily & Aeolian Islands Group Walking Tour
Just like all of our tours this one is a very nice combination of relaxed walks, fresh food, fine wines, interesting encounters with local artisans.
Scroll down to “Tour at a glance” section and enjoy pictures from the trail. See you in Sicily!
2019 Sicily & AEolian Islands TOUR dates and availability
- May 7-13, 2019 (the tour will get full in about 30 days) 50%
- September 1-7, 2019 (available places) 0%
- September 22-28, 2019 (This tour is FULL) 100%
Enjoy the sea-food delicacies in a traditional Sicilian restaurant.
Walk in Vendicari natural reserve, where about 200 species of migrating birds take a rest and find out why turtles decide to nest here. Flora, fauna and archaeology make your walk in Vendicari a unique experience
Learn how our ancestors caught the tuna
Explore the “stone garden” Noto, a baroque pearl that proves that sometimes a tragedy can be an opportunity to rebirth.
Jump back to the XIII century B.C., while walking in the gorge once inhabited by the Siculians, who left behind 5000 thumbs carved in the rock, and have a look at the Byzantine village above the river in Pantalica
Relax in the picturesque, timeless, fishing village Marzamemi
A hydrofoil takes you to Lipari, one of the seven volcanic sisters in front of the northern coast of Sicily
Walk in Punta Cappero in Lipari with amazing sea view
Walk across bougainville, and hibiscus overlooking the tyrrenian sea
Hike in the small Island of Salina, almost entirely covered in woods.
Relax in the garden and pool of Aktea Resort Hotel in Lipari.
Tour End: Transfer and drop off in Catania and then Catania airport. Do not plan to fly back earlier than 4pm.
Day 1 – Meeting in Siracusa/Ortigia (night at hotel in Siracusa/Ortigia)
Day 2 – Vendicari natural reserve and the baroque town of Noto (night at hotel in Siracusa/Ortigia)
Day 3 – Pantalica and the fisherman village of Marzamemi (night at hotel in Siracusa/Ortigia)
Day 4 – The southern side of the Island of Lipari (night in Lipari)
Day 5 – The northern side of the Island of Lipari (night in Lipari)
Day 6 – The Island of Salina (night in Lipari)
Day 7 – Departure
Transfer and drop off in Catania and then Catania airport. Do not plan to fly back earlier than 4pm.
– All breakfasts. 5 lunches. 4 dinners.
– Transportation along the tour
– 1 local guide for groups smaller than 10. Groups larger than 10 people will be guided by 2 local guides
– Entrance tickets for all the special events
– Tourist tax (it’s a payment made to the local authority of the area in which a tourist buys accommodation)
– All taxes
Residential in vibe and located within the beautiful Baroque setting of Ortigia, the hotel offers its guests a unique experience, whilst indulging them in pampered hospitality, comfort and luxury. This is the philosophy of Henry’s House Hotel, which hosts its guests in a wonderful location within the splendor of a 19th century building facing out onto the Gulf of Ortigia.
You will immediately be struck by its location, boasting an excellent situation adorning a wonderful panorama and welcomed by a warm, professional staff, intent on making your choice of stay the best for a holiday on the enchanting island of Ortigia.
Featuring original antique furniture and flooring throughout by Sicilian artisans, combining exquisite attention to detail afforded by the hotel, which will charm you into embracing its unique and rarefied atmosphere.
Our warm touch begins in the morning with breakfast, where you will delight in the taste of delicious Sicilian delicacies, such as ricotta cannoli, cakes, pies, tarts, flat bread and stuffed bread filled with seasonal ingredients and much, much more. Your taste experience is enhanced whilst enjoying the breath-taking sea views from one of our stunning terraces.
Hotel Aktea – Lipari
Situated in a very convenient location close to the small town center of Lipari the Hotel Aktea offers all the comforts of a newly restyled hotel with swimming pool. This is going to be the base of our excursions during our stay on the Aeolian Islands.
– We are locals. We have been born and raised in Italy. We know how to stay away from the crazy crowds. We know the little secrets that will make your stay unforgettable
– It is a small group tour (group is not larger than 18)
– Relaxed pace: 5 to 7 miles (3-4 hours average) walks on each day. WALK RATING: 2+ on a base of 1=easy to 5=strenuous
– Local guides: 1 walking guide for groups of 9 guests or smaller. Groups of 10 guests or larger will be guided by 2 guides
– Every day a special activity: music show, hands-on cooking class, , family-run farms experience and a lot more.
– It’s a responsible way of traveling: We employ all local small businesses; small farms, local guides, family run hotels and restaurants. If you buy our tours you will give back a lot to the area, contributing to mantain the economy of this region. Thanks a lot for doing this!
SHARING DOUBLE ROOM
- WHAT’S INCLUDED
- 6 night stay at fine hotels. All breakfasts. 5 lunches. 4 dinners.Transportation along the tour. 1 local guide for groups smaller than 10. Groups larger than 10 people will be guided by 2 local guides. Entrance tickets for all the special events. All taxes
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT SURCHARGE
- valid for 2 years from your last 7 day trip with us